Top 20 Reasons to Visit and Buy in Broward County
1. Affordable Real Estate – The local market offers record affordability, amenities and seller incentives; much more affordable in the last five years. Plus a weak U.S. dollar gives greater discounts to foreign buyers.
2. Top Market for International Buyers – While Florida is the top state, Broward County is one of the top markets for international buyers.
3. Enviable Weather – A tropical paradise with an average yearly temperature of 76F/25C & an average winter temperature of 66F/19C. Don’t forget the over 3,000 hours of sunshine each year.
4. Beautiful Beaches – Broward County has 23 miles of Atlantic Ocean coastline and 300 miles of navigable waterways, earning it the nickname, “the Venice of America”.
5. Water Sports and Activities – Enjoy top-rated fishing, snorkeling, sailing, boating, kayaking, swimming, SCUBA diving and other water sports all year around.
6. All Things Boating – Home to over 42,000 pleasure crafts, Broward County is also known as the “Yachting Capital of the World”.
7. Lifestyle – There’s a lifestyle for everyone; museums, performing arts venues, art galleries, professional sports, amazing places to shop and limitless beaches.
8. Fabulous Nightlife – Las Olas, Beach Place, Riverwalk, the Hollywood Broadwalk and so much more – the selection of top restaurants, nightclubs, bars and hotspots is endless.
9. Restaurants – With more than 4,000 restaurants ranging from intimate cafes to al fresco waterfront dining spots to quaint bistros, ethnic eateries and world-renowned steakhouses, your palette is your only limit.
10. World-Class Shopping – From the chic boutiques of Las Olas to South Florida’s largest flea market, the Swap Shop, and the new luxury Shops at Gulfstream Park to the world’s largest discount mall, Sawgrass Mills, your shopping options extend countywide.
11. Casinos and Gaming – Place a wager at one of the area casinos including Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino and the Isle Casino & Racing.
12. Commercial & Investment Real Estate – Vacancy rates for all commercial sectors in Broward County are below the national average; retail and multi-family are outperforming most major markets in the U.S.
13. International Events – Don’t miss top international events including the Winterfest Boat Parade, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, the Air & Sea Show and the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival.
14. Cultural Diversity – Over 30% of Broward County’s 1.7 million residents are foreign born and speak over 100 distinct languages.
15. Dynamic Business Center – Once known strictly as a tourism-based economy, Fort Lauderdale now supports a diverse range of industries, including marine, manufacturing, finance, insurance, real estate, high technology and avionics/aerospace. In fact, over 150 companies have corporate, division or regional headquarters in Broward County.
16. Hotels – Whether you want a luxury resort overlooking the Atlantic Ocean or just a modest place to store your bags while you explore the city, you’ll find the perfect place to stay in Broward County.
17. World Travel Hub – One of the most active travel hubs in the nation with over 23 million airline passengers a year via 40 airlines with service to 60 U.S. and 40 international destinations.
18. Cruising the Waters – Already with over 3.7 passengers yearly, the new Allure and Oasis cruise ships are expected to help Fort Lauderdale surpass Miami as the world’s busiest cruise port by 2013, becoming the “Cruise Capital of the World”.
19. Educational Institutions – 6th largest U.S. public school district with over 280 public schools as well as numerous public and private colleges and universities.
20. A Top Place to Live & Work – Numerous cities in Broward County have repeatedly been ranked among the top places to live, work and play in the U.S.